At the Design • Jessica I am committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of my visitors.
I do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Design • Jessica is the data controller and I am responsible for your personal data (referred to as “I” or “my” in this privacy notice).
My full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Jess Sands at Design • Jessica
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Please email email@example.com for full details
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us me firstname.lastname@example.org
Information That We Collect About You, For What Purpose and How We Process It
In running and maintaining the website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Communication Datathat includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on the website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send me. I process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. The lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Datathat includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. I process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. The lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and Design Jessica and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Datathat includes data about how you use the website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on the website or through other online services. I process this data to operate the website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of the website, to maintain back-ups of the website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of the website, other online services and business. The lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer the website and my business.
- Technical Datathat includes data about your use of the website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on the website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use the website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access the website. The source of this data is from analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of the website and other online services, to administer and protect the business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of the advertising. The lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer the website and business and to grow the business and to decide marketing strategy.
- Marketing Datathat includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from me and any third parties and your communication preferences. I process this data to enable you to partake in promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. The lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use the products/services, to develop them, to grow the business and to decide my marketing strategy.
- I may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising I serve you. The lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow the business. I may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. The lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow the business).
The lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or my legitimate interests (namely to grow the business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, I may send you marketing communications (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, I may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
You can ask to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link and the bottom of my emails.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require me to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom I sell, transfer, or merge parts of the business or assets.
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
CREDIT CARD DATA
I do not collect or store your full credit card information when you make a payment online. All credit card transactions are processed securely through PayPal, and at no point does the Design • Jessica receive your full credit card information or store this. Therefore, your card information is completely secure and protected by PayPal and I do not have any access to your full credit card number or security code whatsoever.
I have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. I also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on my instruction and they must keep it confidential.
I have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if I am legally required to.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
For tax purposes, the law requires me to keep basic information about my clients (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being clients.
In some circumstances, I may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). I would be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave the website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
I may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.